Wednesday, May 1, 2013

In the Garden

The kids and I have been having so much fun planting new flowers, and even taking on my first tree planting. My mom & dad gave me a pretty Japanese maple to replace a magnolia tree that didn't survive last summer. So far, it's thriving. I hope it stays that way!
Victoria had Garden Day at school last Friday. We picked out some pretty pink petunias for her to add to her class flower garden. She came home with a cup full of dirt that held a seed she had planted. She was so excited telling me all of the things she would need to do for it to grow. Before I knew it, she had given her seed a bit too much to drink...like, filled the cup to the brim with water. I did what I could to save it, and told her we'd just have to wait and see. Well, yesterday morning when she checked it...she had a sprout!! What a relief... Guess it really was that thirsty.

the morning after I planted it had leaves on every branch. happy tree!

No comments: